NEWS AND EVENTS
SAFETY OFFICER - 2 POST
ASFA Hose Service and Maintenance Support Ltd is a registered firm in Tanzania with offices at Mwanza, Kahama - Shinyanga and Tabora regions. ASFA is legally reputable to carry on the business of providing hydraulic services such as hydraulic hoses, pumps, fittings, adaptor filters, O-ring also we are dealing with Mechanical services, civil services, fire suppression system, welding and fabrication that include technical support, repair as well supply of personal protective equipment (PPE), Supply of spare parts for Automotive and heavy machine-like KOMATSU, CATERPILLAR
The company also carry out a business of supplying different products to various Individuals, Private Companies, Government Institutions and overseas Companies and Agencies.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Safety and fire prevention to provide maximum safety for staff, Company`s property and the surrounding community.
Location: Mwanza HQ Offices
To Support the development of OHS policies and programs
• To Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
• To Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
• To Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
• To Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
• To Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
• To Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
• To Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
• To Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker.
• Document staff information, minutes of meetings, and reports compiled for management.
• Establish a cordial and professional relationship with employees.
• Compile and maintain relevant registers to ensure compliance
Performs as duties as assigned
Bachelor Degree or Diploma in safety issues or equivalent
3 years of working experience on safety and fire prevention
Safety certificate preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage, encourage and build the capacity of others
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than January 31, 2023 the subject line should include the job title. No phone calls will be accepted